What is college planning?
College planning is deciding on and making a plan for the payment of your own or another person's college education.
Let us help you determine the best method for your individual family situation: to save, to borrow, or neither. We can help you determine your best alternative for helping yourself, your children, or your granchildren pay for college.
Let us help answer these questions:
- Do I pay for college or save for my retirement?
- What is the best way to fund college?
- What is the difference between a 529 plan and a Coverdell IRA?
Which should I use?
- Should I save in my name or my child's name?
- How do the education tax credits work?
- Does the way I save have an impact on obtaining financial aid?
These are a sampling of the questions you may have concerning your role in this expensive endeavor: paying for a child's college education.
As First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt, once said,
"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan."